At HSD, we are always looking for talented individuals that emulate the same attention to details as we do. HSD offers attractive compensation plans including Healthcare benefits and a 401(k) program with company match contributions.
HS Design, Inc. is an award winning product development firm located in Central NJ with over 40 years experience specializing in the design and development of Medical, Consumer Medical and Life Science products. We provide a wide range of services including Human Factors Usability Research, Industrial Design, Delivery Systems, User Interface Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering for fortune 500 companies through high tech start-ups.
Applicants should send a PDF Resume and an optional Portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put job description interest in Subject line when responding.
Embedded Firmware Software Engineer
HSD, located in Gladstone, NJ, is looking to expand its SE and EE department. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating great products in a family, fast-paced, collaborative environment. Products range from Medical, Industrial and Consumer. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in high technology development from cloud-based software to firmware applications, with a focus on embedded Linux. You will be working directly with the team of highly creative people, including UI designers, mechanical and electrical engineers, project managers, and the client. A passion for quality software and experience with writing code from high-level embedded applications to low-level device drivers is required. Candidate must have good client interaction, program management, and teamwork skills. We are open to various experience levels.
Job Functions include:
- Design and implement software for custom embedded Linux platforms, including drivers and board support packages.
- Define and Develop software architecture
- Write software unit tests to exercise your code
- Working with program managers in Agile/Scrum and design sprints
- Participation in functional test planning, system architecture design, including tradeoff decisions
Required Qualifications include:
- A minimum of 4 years of software development experience, with minimum of 2 years of experience with embedded Linux at the kernel/driver level
- Bachelor degree in computer science or electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Strong C and C++ programming skills - Experience with a wide range of embedded Linux targets
- Experience with custom board debug - Experience with various Linux distributions, build systems, and board support packages
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding in software engineering methodologies and best practices
- Ability to read electrical circuit schematics
- Experience with low powered and high powered systems
- Experience with wireless technologies including Bluetooth, zigbee, Wifi, etc.
Please use Subject heading Software Engineer
Usability and User Interface Expert
There is an excellent career opportunities now open for an extremely motivated Usability Specialist with a strong understanding of upfront design research in the medical space. Must have a strong visual and verbal based communications and experience with HE75, ISO 62366 is recommended. User Research combined with User Interface design experience is a huge plus. In this position you will work collaboratively with Industrial Designers, Interaction Designers and Engineers to define the intuitive experience between users, use environments and products. This role would involve conducting user research, including formative and summative usability tests, user interviews, DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), contextual inquiries, etc. to a wide range of clients.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge and experience in a wide range of existing and progressive research and UX design tools and techniques
- Experience in usability testing and facilitating workshops
- Storyboarding, wireframing, prototyping and user testing experience
- A passion for collaboration with team members and clients
- Good understanding of design research methodologies
- Desire to work on challenging, high profile programs focused on the interaction between people and technology
- High motivation, focused, passionate with strong ideation abilities and aesthetic sensibilities.
The ideal candidate should have a graduate degree in Human Factors, Usability or Design. Other technical degrees with emphasis or specific experience in these areas are also welcome. Candidates should demonstrate a strong skill set, excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to collaborate with multiple disciplines. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be able to work with people and be extremely outgoing.
Please use Subject heading Design Research.
Business Development Manager
HSD is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to take a leadership role in developing design and engineering opportunities with potential new clients in the medical, life sciences, consumer medical and government sectors. The successful individual must have a proven track record of developing and winning design, engineering, and product development opportunities with Fortune 500 Companies as well as highly funded start-ups. The ideal person for this position will be a strategic thinker, an excellent communicator, independently goal motivated and have knowledge of the product development process. Job Responsibilities • Identify business development opportunities from potential new clients that will lead to a proposal. • Meet with potential clients, including travel as necessary. • Develop marketing materials for submittal to potential new clients. • Develop strategy for opportunities and review with senior managers. • Develop and lead proposal efforts. • Develop and lead interviews. • Coordinate pricing requirements with senior managers • Identifying teaming partners as necessary to comply with opportunity requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in design or engineering or MBA or equivalent
- Understand technology and medical development landscape • 10+ years of business development experience
- Must have a passion for winning new work.
- Microsoft Word, and Power Point experience is required.
- Must be creative in presenting proposal and interview responses.
- Strong organizational skills are a necessity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be available to travel
- Must be willing to make “cold calls” on potential clients.
Please use Subject heading Business Development.
Sr. Industrial Designer
HSD is looking for an exceptionally talented Industrial Designer to join its growing team of experts to design and develop innovative medical devices and high technology solutions. We’re looking for design thinkers with outstanding abilities that want to be challenged. Our firm consists of Research, Design and Engineering. The ideal candidate will have their core energy focused on design, but have a keen understanding of design research, engineering and manufacturing. Our passionate, experienced and award-winning team is geared to work on cutting edge products in the medical, life science and technology space.
HS Design, Inc. is an award winning product development firm located in Central NJ with over 40 years experience designing Medical, Life Sciences and other high technology products. We provide a wide range of services including Design Research, Industrial Design, Packaging, User Interface Design and Mechanical Engineering for fortune 500 companies through start up ventures.
HS Design offers an excellent compensation package that includes healthcare, 401k benefits in a fun and exciting environment. To be considered you must be highly motivated, focused, passionate and a creative with strong ideation abilities and aesthetic sensibilities. Material processing knowledge and proficiency with SolidWorks is desired.
Send us your resume and portfolio (2mb limit). No agencies please. This vacancy is only open to US citizens.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates with proven medical experience is desired
- Development of Industrial Design processes and techniques in sketching, photoshop, illustrator, MS word, advanced surfacing skills.
- Experience of undertaking direction setting, design strategy / design research and strong project management
- Prior experience in design of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Knowledge of injection molding and materials
Please use Subject heading Industrial Design.
HS Design has an exciting opening for a creative mid to senior level Mechanical Engineer. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work as a team player with a self-starting attitude. A minimum of 3 years experience in a consulting or corporate environment is required. The ideal candidate will have experience working with multi functional teams including industrial designers, engineers and manufacturing. Must be extremely sensitive to design related issues. Additional working experience in FDA design control is desired.
Mid to Senior candidates welcome to apply. Project, quality and/or regulatory experience in Medical instrumentation and/or government programs ideal.
Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple complex projects is required. Candidate must have strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including complex plastic molding, sheet metal forming and rapid prototyping. Advanced Solidworks experience a must.
What we are looking for:
- 3 to 8 years product design and development experience.
- Working knowledge of ASME Dimensioning Standards including GD&T
- Strong knowledge of complex plastic, machined and sheet metal manufacturing
- Experience with Solidworks advanced surfacing
- FEA and CFD Simulation
No agencies please. This vacancy is only open to US citizens.
Please use Subject heading Mechanical Engineer.
HSD is always interested in Interns in any related filed. Most specifically Interns with specific interest in medical product design including: User Research, Human Factors, Design, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Please send resume with cover letter and samples of projects if possible. Keep attachments below 2mb.
Local candidates preferred