At HS Design (HSD), we are always looking for talented individuals that emulate the same attention to details as we do. HSD offers attractive compensation plans including Healthcare benefits and a 401(k) program with company match contributions. Located in Central NJ with over 40 years experience specializing in the design and development of Medical, Consumer Medical and Life Science products. We provide a wide range of services including Human Factors Usability Research, Industrial Design, Delivery Systems, User Interface Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering for fortune 500 companies through high tech start-ups.
Please put job description interest in Subject line when responding.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
HS Design has an exciting opening for a creative senior level Mechanical Engineer. We are looking for team member who shares our passion for creating great products in a family, highly creative, collaborative environment. Products range from Medical, Life Science and Consumer Medical. The ideal team member can:
• Develop and design “New Products” in a design centric and creative Cross-Functional Environment.
• Ability to work with various manufacturing and material processes (Injection Mold, Low volume plastics, Die Cast, Sheet Metal, and rapid prototyping).
• Ability to work in a collaborative group (ID, ME, SE and EE) to develop and lead mechanical designs.
• Can develop Design Verification Plans and Product requirement documentation and Design History Files.
• Ability to design, build, and assemble test fixtures (Fluidics knowledge a plus).
• Facilitate Cross Functional DFMEA Reviews.
• Demonstrate strong project management skills.
• Ability to assist in proposal estimation and client management
• Strong leadership qualities
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, Solidworks and Solidworks Simulation Tools. Experience in Design Control / DFM / GMP / FDA / ISO9001/ ISO13485 standards.
Education And/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5+ years experience in new product development design and manufacturing
• Experience in medical industry preferred
• Proficiency with Solidworks.
• Solidworks Simulation a plus.
• Proficient with GD&T.
• Excellent verbal & written skills.
• Knowledge of various Engineering processes.
• Experience working in design control environment
Applicants should send a PDF Resume and an optional Portfolio via email to: email@example.com
Please use Subject heading Mechanical Engineer.
Senior level Electrical Engineer
HSD, located in Gladstone, NJ, is looking to expand its Engineering department with a seasoned electrical engineer. We are looking for people who share our passion for creating great products in a family, fast-paced, collaborative environment. Products range from Medical, life science and Consumer medical. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in high technology development from mobile, Point of Care, Laboratory applications. You will be working directly with the team of highly creative people, including UI designers, mechanical and software engineers, project managers, and customers. Knowledge should include:
- System architecture
- Computer systems
- Signal processing
- Low power
- Analog design
- Power supplies
- FPGA & ASIC design
- Design for manufacturability
- Portable systems
- Embedded systems
- EMC compliance
- Sensors & transducers
- Motion control
Business Development Manager
HSD is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager to take a leadership role in developing design and engineering opportunities with potential new clients in the medical, life sciences, consumer medical and government sectors. The successful individual must have a proven track record of developing and winning design, engineering, and product development opportunities with Fortune 500 Companies as well as highly funded start-ups. The ideal person for this position will be a strategic thinker, an excellent communicator, independently goal motivated and have knowledge of the product development process. Job Responsibilities • Identify business development opportunities from potential new clients that will lead to a proposal. • Meet with potential clients, including travel as necessary. • Develop marketing materials for submittal to potential new clients. • Develop strategy for opportunities and review with senior managers. • Develop and lead proposal efforts. • Develop and lead interviews. • Coordinate pricing requirements with senior managers • Identifying teaming partners as necessary to comply with opportunity requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in design or engineering or MBA or equivalent
- Understand technology and medical development landscape • 10+ years of business development experience
- Must have a passion for winning new work.
- Microsoft Word, and Power Point experience is required.
- Must be creative in presenting proposal and interview responses.
- Strong organizational skills are a necessity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must be available to travel
- Must be willing to make “cold calls” on potential clients.
Please use Subject heading Business Development.
No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Please send resume with cover letter and samples of projects if possible. Keep attachments below 2mb.
Local candidates preferred