Want to be the newest member of the HSD team?
At HS Design (HSD), we are always looking for talented individuals that emulate the same attention to details as we do when working in the areas of Medical, Consumer Medical and Life Science products.
HSD is a close-knit team of designers and engineers passionate about solving complex problems for first of kind technology. For 40 years, HSD has been providing a wide range of services including Human Factors Usability Research, Industrial Design, User Interface Design, Mechanical, Electrical and Software Engineering. Our customers span names like Medtronic, GE Healthcare, Pfizer, and Phillips; as well as early to late stage medtech startups. We value a collaborative work environment.
HSD is based in Morristown, NJ. We offer excellent compensation packages including vacation, healthcare, and 401k, Friday BBQ’s, all within a stimulating and energizing environment and fun, family-like culture.
Graphic / User Interface (UI/UX) Designer
Our ideal candidate has 2-4 years experience in medical or technical is self-driven, collaborative, a great communicator and has hands-on experience in ux design and user interface design; familiar with activities such as site mapping, concept generation, wireframing, prototyping, user personas/profiles, and user research. In addition, the ideal candidate thrives in a work environment where there is constant cross-collaboration between strategy, design, and engineering.
- Familiar with best practices in user experience and user interface design; interested in learning new tools, methods, or software
- Strong communication skills, both in multidisciplinary team collaboration and client presentations
- Involvement in end user research to explore, uncover and analyze end user requirements during user interviews, usability testing, etc.
- Must be able to work a full-time at our office in Morristown, NJ
- Examples of work via a portfolio is required for qualification
- Must have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Communication Design, or related/relevant discipline
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Must be proficient in rapid prototyping tools such as InVision, Principle, or Keynote
- Must be proficient in workflow development and experience with diagraming software such as Omnigraffle or Miro is a plus
- Must be able to present, animate, or effectively communicate attractive UX concepts, of both low and high fidelity
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding in how to develop and present interface workflows internally and to external software teams
- Must be capable of rapid prototyping
- Comfortable presenting work to clients
- Background in usability testing or user research is a bonus
- Visual design skills are desired
- Must be US Citizen to apply
Send a PDF Resume and link to portfolio via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We value work/life balance
- A casual and fun work environment
- Opportunity to gain experience in new product/technology design and development
- Opportunity to work with industry leaders in medical, life science, and consumer health
HS Design has exciting openings for both seasoned and entry-level Mechanical Engineers. We are seeking creative hands-on mechanical engineers to join our growing family. Our engineers collaborate with some of the most innovative medical, pharma and life science companies defining user needs, developing product specifications, generating concepts/Intellectual Property, building and testing prototypes, and creating parts focused on uncovering the most appropriate aesthetic and manufacturing solutions. As a member of our cross-disciplined team, including researchers, industrial designers, UI/UX, Human Factors and Engineers, you will be part of helping innovative and develop 1st of a kind, life-saving technologies to market.
- Generate concepts for products that solve intricate problems while understanding the user needs
- Develop and design “New Products” in a design centric and creative Cross-Functional Environment
- Work with Solidworks and other CAD software to generate manufacturable parts without damaging the design intent
- Ability to work with various manufacturing and material processes (Injection Mold, , Die Cast, Sheet Metal, thermoforming, rapid prototyping, etc.)
- Ability to work in a collaborative group (ID, ME, SE and EE) to develop and lead mechanical designs.
- Can develop Design Verification Plans and Product requirement documentation and Design History Files
- Ability to design, build and assemble test fixtures (Fluidics knowledge a plus).
- Facilitate Cross Functional DFMEA Reviews
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Ability to assist in proposal estimation and client management
- Demonstrate understanding of user needs and Human Factors in the design of products
- Ability to lead meetings with Clients. Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, Solidworks and Solidworks Simulation Tools. Experience in Design Control / DFM / GMP / FDA / ISO9001 / ISO13485 standards.
Applicants should use the subject “Mechanical Engineer” and send a PDF Resume and optional Portfolio via email to: email@example.com
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5+ years of experience in new product development design and manufacturing
- Experience in medical industry preferred
- Proficient with SOLIDWORKS (Simulation is a plus)
- Proficient with GD&T
- Excellent verbal & written skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of various Engineering processes
- Experience working in a design control environment
Human Factors Engineer / User Research
At HS Design, a human factors team member assists in the design of products, services, virtual environments which optimize human well-being, overall system performance by applying human factors theory, principles and data regarding the relationship between humans and respective technology. A HF/ Research team member works collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team including other HF professionals, designers, engineers, clinical providers and regulatory professionals. Our unique team based approach assures optimization of our award-winning product design with global perspectives.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
- Minimum degree is BS in Engineering, Human Factors Engineering / Ergonomics, Usability Engineering, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Industrial Design, Engineering Psychology or equivalent technical degree or work experience
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated track record of success analyzing user needs via contextual research, usability testing, and other validation methods
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- An opportunity exists for hiring at all levels
Send a PDF Resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proven ability to focus on the user’s needs and to translate those needs into design recommendations
- Expert knowledge of interaction design/user-centered design principles
- Expert in planning all aspects of and executing on rapid user testing methods and to quickly turn-around data-driven recommendations (including in-person and remote usability testing)
- Ability to organize, run, and report on customer site visits
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on complex projects
- Ability to deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- The HF team member assists in conducting contextual inquiry, user needs analysis, task flow analysis, rapid usability testing, formative testing, and use error analysis in an FDA-regulated industry for current and next-generation hardware products and software.
- The individual in this position will work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team to deliver products with best-in class user experience.
- Deliver task analysis, user error analysis, develop success criteria, analyze results, and provide data-based design recommendations
- Collaborate closely with interface designers, engineers, and the marketing team to define detailed designs that meet customer needs
- Plan and execute frequent, lightweight usability testing, analyze data, document results, and present recommendations to product teams following
- If required for the product, facilitate and complete use error analyses, user interface specifications, and various FDA-specified documents that are part of the Usability Engineering File
- Use proven HFE methodologies and tools to improve the overall usability of our products and to ensure safe and reliable user experiences
- Work collaboratively with key internal personnel and customers to understand and support product design goals for existing and new products
HSD is currently looking for passionate individuals who are ready and excited to unleash their passion and develop new products. The ideal candidate must be creative, and passionate about design, with the ability to think outside the box while dealing with complex problems and aesthetics. You will be part of a collaborative team including researchers, human factors, ID, UX/UI, and engineers responsible for brainstorming, ideating, creating 2D and 3D CAD models to develop 1st of kind medical and consumer healthcare products and systems.
If you have the talent, personality and passion to help visualize the future of healthcare systems, please see the following:
Applicants should use the subject “Industrial Designer” and send a PDF Resume and optional Portfolio via email to: email@example.com
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 1-4+ years’ experience in new product development and design
- Excellent aesthetic and graphic sensibility
- Design thinking ability to synthesize and translate user needs to design opportunities
- Experience in the medical industry preferred
- Highly proficient in 2D/3D and design software. Solidworks, Adobe Suites, and Keyshot.
- Excellent rapid sketch/ 2D ability
- Strong analytical, written and presentation skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
- Experience working in a design control environment
- Great client interaction and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a highly creative and technical Cross-Functional Environment
- Knowledge of manufacturing, materials and rapid prototyping processes (DFM/DFA) preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative group (HFE, , UI/UX, ID, ME, SE and EE)
- Experience with new product ideation and brainstorming support
- Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker and with the ability to quickly conceptualize ideas.
- Passionate about design
No phone calls or walk-ins please. Local candidates preferred.